Thursday, April 21, 2011

Is fairytales to be blame for all the misbehaves?

I found a very interesting shoutout earlier today on kids-dom (childrens' kingdom). The shout out is as the following:
How do you expect kids to listen to their parents as, Tarzan lives half naked, Cinderella comes back home at midnight, Pinocchio lies all the time, Alladin is the king of thieves, Bataman drives at 320km/hour, Sleeping Beauty is lazy and Snow White lives with 7 dwarfs. We shouldn't be surprised if kids mibehave like that today! They get this from their own storybooks.

Personally, I do think that there is a truth on this quotation however, I do believe that children do not live in these fantasy until they grow up! What affected their misbehaviours the most is the peer pressure. Meanwhile, peer pressure has fully access to the biggest reference of all times which is the media. How can you not try to have drama when your favourite reality show is "Jersey Shore". Frankly speaking I have no grudge against Snooki but I don't really like the show and how it might affected the youngsters. Basically what I am trying to say is that, short stories are meant for literacy and fun when we're young but what we exposed to the most during the puberty stage is what determines how we are going to grow up into. My point here might be vague but I strongly think that "You are not what you are" but more towards "You are what you are shaped to be like".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home